A choice specialist you can rely on!
Concrete RepairHave you noticed cracks in your concrete floors or walls? These are probably caused by rapid changes in temperature or the intrusion of water and other foreign objects, also known as “weathering”. In this case, your concrete is obviously damaged and will require repair.
What Causes Concrete to Crack?When done properly, concrete is durable, strong and one of the longest lasting item in your building. However, it is very common to find cracked concrete that needs concrete repair due to the following reasons.
- Inbalance Water Mix. Although adding more water makes it easier to apply the concrete, it also reduces the strength and thus, allowing cracks to appear under load.
- Shrinkage. Once concrete hardens, evaporation of excess water allows shrinkage to occur.
- Speed of Curing. If concrete dries too fast, the rapid process will increase the chances of cracking.
- Expansion & Contraction. Extreme temperature without proper preventative measure will allow cracks to develop.
- Absorbing high energy forces from the weight of heavy objects
- Using the wrong strength of concrete
Concrete Repair MethodsThere are several ways of repairing concrete such as epoxy injection, routing and sealing, drilling and plugging, grouting, stitching, gravity filling of cracks. The more common methods are;-
- Epoxy / Polyurethane pressure Injection. Grouting Best used to seal smaller surface cracks. A high durable adhesive / resin is used to fill and push away ingression water and bond damaged areas.
- Routing and Sealing. For larger repair area, this is more suitable. A special bonding chemical is used to completely fill in the cracks. Such repair is very durable and has the ability to withstand weather extremes.
- Stitching. This concrete repair method patches large cracks in a concrete surface. Holes will be drilled and used as anchors for stables.