What Do We Need Waterproofing System?When a building is built, it is intended to last for a pretty long time before having to go through renovations. However, reparations may need to occur within a short period due to weather conditions that damage the building. In order to minimise on the costs of reparations, a one-time application of a waterproofing system is a good investment.
Why Waterproof?Some benefits of waterproofing include:
- Prevents water from seeping in through cracks
- Protects the structural integrity of the building
- Prevents damages from rapid temperature changes
- A one-time cost at minimal resource wastage
- Increases the service life of the building
What needs to be waterproofed?For most buildings, the following areas are recommended to be waterproofed.
- Roof (flat roof, slope roof, tile roof, metal roof, etc)
- Bathrooms (including toilets & showers)
- Water Tank
- Lift Pits or Sunken Area
- Swimming Pools, Wet Pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi
What are the available Waterproofing Systems?Some of the most common waterproofing methods are;-
- Cementitious Waterproofing
- Integral waterproofing. Additions of chemical into concrete mixture allow better resistance to water.
- Acrylic liquid applied Waterproofing Membrane
- Torch on waterproofing membrane
- Polyurethane liquid applied waterproofing membrane
- Bituminous Membrane
- EPDM membrane or Synthetic rubber waterproofing
- Bituminous modified waterproofing membrane
- TPO Sheet waterproofing membrane
- PVC waterproofing membrane
Gallery Archives: Waterproofing System
Default Gallery Type Template
This is the default gallery type template, located in:
If you're seeing this, it's because the gallery type you selected has not provided a template of it's own.